How to Improve Cognitive Function:
Wellness, Brain Function, Cognitive Function
- Diet Overhaul
- Low carb intake and good fats found in foods like avocado, nuts, seeds, and a plant-rich diet. Humans are not meant to eat an excess of simple sugars and carbs. This change in diet will also, in part, help heal leaky gut.
- Wild caught fish – SMASH fish (salmon, anchovies, mackerel, sardines, and herring)
- Ketoflex, aka the “12/3 diet” – stop eating 3 hours prior to bed and fast for a total of 12 hours. This way of eating gives you time for autophagy and change the architecture of your brain.
- Exercise – especially HIIT (High intensity interval training)
- Sleep at least 7 – 8 hours nightly
- Improve lymphatic system – this helps get rid of amyloid waste from the brain. As long as you are keeping the amyloid around, you will not be good at metabolizing it.
- Increase intake of Sirtuin rich foods: red wine, dark chocolate, berries, coffee, kale, matcha green tea, extra virgin olive oil, walnuts, parsley, red onions, soy, and turmeric. Sirtuins are proteins that regulate aging by encouraging cellular health, DNA transcription, and programmed cell death as well as decreasing inflammation. Sirtuins also help with sleep by balancing circadian clocks and improving metabolism through mitochondrial production.
- Increasing your NAD+ with fasting, exercise, and healthy foods such as fish, mushrooms, green veggies, and wheat.
- Shock your body. Heat shock proteins (HSPs) are a group of proteins whose expressions are increased when the cells are exposed to elevated temperatures or other stress. One example of this is in a sauna, inducing heat shock protein. This is a good way to get rid of heavy metals like cadmium and mercury and toxins like BPA.
Helping you to be functional,